Monday, May 4, 2009

Rain, Rain, go away.....



It's beginning to feel like Noah's Ark around here. It has rained since Friday, and it is supposed to continue to rain all week. The bright spot is everything is really green!

The busyness of the spring and summer has started. Peter has been preaching at different churchs every weekend. We actually got to attend our home church yesterday. It was so good to be home! We had our first VBS meeting yesterday. Peter and I are the coordinators. Rather than going with a boxed VBS we are making our own. It will be a medieval theme focusing on the armour of God. We are dividing the boys from the girls and teaching about how to be young knights and ladies in waiting. I am so excited!

We are winding down school for the year. My goal is to be done by June 15th. I am starting to put the boys portfolios together. Pray for us as we finished our year.

I had a wonderful quiet time this morning. I read Jeremiah 16 and 17. I wanted to leave this verse to ponder on .....

Jeremiah 17:7-8 "Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, that spreadeth out her roots by the river and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought neither shall cease from yielding fruit."

No comments: