Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Vacation Bible School 2009






It has been a very busy time at our house. Peter and I were the vbs directors for this year. And finally last week all the preparations came together! We had the theme "Knights and Maidens of Honor". We really wanted to focus on teaching Christian character. We divided the boys and girls in two different classes. It really worked out well, because we could focus the lessons specifically for boys or for girls. We didn't have a large crowd, but we had a great time! We always have a penny march every year, for the boys and girls to bring in money for missions. We have a contest to see who could bring in the most money. The girls lost, so I got a pie in my face. It wasn't too bad, it was a vanilla pudding pie.

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. Life gets busy sometimes! The week before vbs we had a death in our church, and that really took a toll on us before vbs began. I think I'm starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel in regards to catching up on my regular things. Hope it doesn't take too long to catch up.

1 comment:

Rachel Smith said...

As I read, I could hear your voice saying, "It wasn't too bad, it was a vanilla pudding pie." :)

That is a good theme. We may borrow that one. I am thinking hand out little tiaras for all of the girls and big crowns for all of the boys or get some from Burger King and reinvent them a little. Or...Have a king and queen of the day. Do they even have those crowns at Burger King anymore?