Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year, New Things......

It's a brand new year! 2010! Wow! Who would have ever guess we would get to 2010? Well, we are here! 2009 was a great year! Nothing really terrible happened (other than the presidential election, but we won't go there....:( )We were all healthy throughout 2009. God blessed us throughout the year with numerous blessings. I turned 30 in 2009 and loved it! I accomplised some of my goals I set and I finally learned that homeschooling my kids is ok and that I can do it. That was a hard thing to get through my head. You know the whole "I'm really screwing them up, thing..."

I'm excited about 2010. I love a new year! It's a blank slate to write on. I know how to do the things I need to do. I know how to lose some weight, I know what I need to do for the kids in school, I know how to have a schedule for our household, I know how to save us some money in groceries, and I know how to make our marriage glorious. But all that is nothing if I don't let God lead and guide me in everything I do. All this is nothing without HIM. I'm praying that I will not spend this year worrying about things and relaxing and enjoy the moments given to me by Jesus. For example, the last two weeks our family has been sick. I didn't feel like doing housework and frankly I didn't want to do housework. Even when we weren't sick we were having fun being a family (watching movies, and playing wii). School starts back today. I didn't get anything I wanted to do finished. I wanted to organize and clean, blah,blah,blah. I started to get upset about it last night. I was thinking about how I didn't get it done, and how it will make my job harder trying to do it while homeschooling. My husband made me stop......he said. "We had fun! Don't ruin it by being like this." He was right. 99% of the time I miss the moments because I'm worried about the house. I had to ask the Lord to forgive for missing ALOt of blessings because I was upset about the house. I hope I learned my lesson, but I'm sure I'll have to learn it over and over. The last two weeks were amazing! One reason was I wasn't harping at everyone to clean up and I wasnt working myself up to a tizzy worrying about things. I know I still need to maintain order, and the children still need to learn how to do things, but there has to be a fine balance in orderliness and family harmony.

I hope each of you had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year! Can't wait to see what it will bring for each family. The Lord certainly has blessed us beyond measure!

3 comments:

tascha said...

sounds alot like what I have learned recently... about housework :) and harmony.... both are equally necessary - but in the end, having sweet harmony together as a family is what will make the greatest impression on my children's memories of their childhood!! and that is more important than everything being put away where I want it every day.... though i do have goals of certain areas being neat at the end of the day since it makes the next day start smoother :)

THANKS for sharing!!

Shane and Kristy Davis said...

I had those same plans of organizing, and it didn't happen. However, we also had fun skating and watching movies, playing games, and just being together. I tend to beat myself up over it.
Thanks for the thoughts you shared. I don't want to miss those fun times, because I'm constantly trying to clean and organize. Happy Schooling in 2010!:0)

Mr & Mrs John said...

Thanks for the great reminder, Miranda! Isn't it easy to stress about those things and miss out on the "moments" with the family?!? Happy New Year!