Saturday, January 10, 2009

Happy Birthday to me......








Yesterday was my 30th birthday. I have been looking forward to this birthday for awhile. I was just excited to be turning 30 and to finally leave my 20's behind! My twenties to me were so stressful.... Getting married, having three children, starting homeschooling, Peter pastoring, losing grandparents, ect..

I think I know myself and like myself alot better now than I ever have before. I know that is a very hard thing for a Godly wife and mother to say....but at some point I was going to have to stop fighting reality and wishing I was someone else (and looked like someone else!)

Peter suprised me with a party at Red Lobster! My parents, sister and brother in law, my nephew Keith, and Pastor and Barbara were all there to wish me Happy Birthday. They had all kept a very good secret! They had all slipped up a couple of time and almost gave it away, but I didn't catch on. It was a blast! We were all so loud I think we disturbed the next table. OH WELL!!! It was a great birthday and I can't wait for the coming year!

2 comments:

Shane and Kristy Davis said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! I also have that number coming up soon.

Rachel Smith said...

I liked turning 30, but I did not like 31!! For some reason saying 30 wasn't bad, but being in my thirties was! Crazy!

I am glad that you are happy with who you are now! I love who you are! You are a great, wonderful, caring, thoughtful, laughy, beautiful person!!