Thursday, January 15, 2009

Morning Thoughts.....

"Elijah and the Widow" I Kings 17:8-16

When Elijah had asked the widow to make him a little cake fist. I know she had to stuggle a litte, knowing that she only had enough for her and her son. Sometimes when I am at the end of my rope, and God asked me to do one more thing or serve someone else first, minister to another family, or fill-in for someone at church. I know struggle with my flesh. But, she decided to put the man of God first, and she recieved God's blessing and provision.
My pastor preached on this passage a couple of weeks ago. I had always had it in my mind that when God filled the flour and the oil, they were all filled up, but what if God only gave her enough for everyday? I bet the first couple of days she worried if she would have enough tomorrow. Then she realize that God would be faithful each and everytime! Eventually you have to wonder if sometimes Satan would come to her and try to make her doubt and worry if God really would come through again. Just as he does to us....
I know the widow rejoiced each morning to see that God had enough for another day. What has God provided for you today? He gives us what we need for each and every day. God is a day-to-day. We humans tend to be future people. Let's rejoice and thank Him for his daily blessings and provisions!

No comments: