Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I've hit a stone wall.....

We just finished Kindergarten two days ago.....In order for J to start the ABC'S with Ace and Christie he has to pass a reading readiness test. I tried to administer the test to him today. I really tried to be objective about the test, and hold back helping him. Question that he should have gotten right, he missed. I don't think he is used to doing a test by himself, and I think that freaked him out a little ACE is designed for a school setting where children are seated in offices with a board on either side of them, everything is done individually. J was seated beside me at all times this year, and if he missed a problem we would talk about what was wrong with the answer. Did I help him too much this year. Should I go to a system where he does his work by himself? What do I do???????? Have I messed him up for life? My brain is telling me, "see, I can't homescool.", but my heart is telling me everything is fine, chuck the test and continue on. Update you tomorrow on the dilemna........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chuck the test and continue on..I attended private school in my younger years..I remember the PACES..great curriculum! I am sure you are doing fine.

Anonymous said...

Ooops! I forgot to sign the first post..
Your {Secret Sister|

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.