Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Romans 6:13

"Neither yield your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin; but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness." Romans 6:13

This verse tells us not to yield our members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin, but yield yourselves unto God.." Have you ever noticed how easily and thoughtlessly we yield our members unto sin? It is usually so quick that we don't even think about it. Sometimes I am so carnal in my Christian walk that I don't even realized that I have sinned. Yet when I am impressed by the Lord to do something for Him, my flesh fights hard against it.

Example: Yesterday I called my best friend to vent about stuff and people. We got off the phone and I went on with my day. This morning I realized how my part of the conversation was not God honoring at all. I had to ask God to forgive me for sinning.

The day before yesterday the kids and I went through the KFC drive-thru for lunch. The Lord pressed upon my heart to give the cashier a tract. My flesh did not want to do it. I was so nervous waiting for her to give us our food. I was fully aware that I was doing something that was going against my flesh.

I need to be more mindful of how I yield my members! I am so glad that God still forgives and is a patient teacher!

1 comment:

Rachel Smith said...

Love the "If I Were a Rich Man"!!